Re: 500W Halogen lamps instead of a flourescent box?

From: Argon3@aol.com
Date: 01/21/05-08:58:03 PM Z

I'd think about the heat generated by halogens. I've seen diagrams of
contact printing set-ups using regular photofloods where it has been suggested that
a fan be used to keep the neg/sensitive material side of the set-up cool as
some emulsions can suffer from the heat. Halogens seem to create more heat
than photofloods (incandescents) so I would exercise some caution not only to
prevent a fire but to protect the materials.

best

argon