Re: Photography & Blind kids (morphed from 500W Halogen lamps instead of a flourescent box?)

From: Barry Kleider ^lt;bkleider@sihope.com>
Date: 01/22/05-01:41:04 AM Z

Ehud,
The only source I know of for solarplate is www.solarplate.com (Dan
Welden's a really good guy and knows a lot about this stuff.)
I read over the Materials Safety Data Sheet -- and decided the stuff is
safe enough for classroom use. You'll want to provide some ventilation
as the wet plates are pretty stinky. Better yet, develop the plates in
another room and store them out on the porch for a few days.
No clue what it'll do to your septic tank. Ask Dan.
The plates are a UV-sensitive polymer coated onto aluminum -- or
aluminium -- north of the 48... as such, they are more permanent than
most life forms...

Barry