Re: hard drive fry and upcoming show, and APIS!!!

From: John ^lt;ap@puresilver.org>
Date: 07/03/05-01:38:02 AM Z

On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 18:42:38 -0400, you wrote:

> Raid 1
> requires identical drives for mirroring where Raid 0 can use different sized
> drives of different specs as long as the drives are compatible with the
> drive controller.

        FYI, this isn't the case any longer. Ran into this when someone in parts
sent one of our customers a 400GB drive instead of the 160GB that the
customer originaly had. Set up the partition as 160GB and rebuilt the
array. Worked fine. Of course the customers light came one and he decided
that a 400GB primary drive with a 160GB backup secondary was a better
configuration. Wonder what gave him that idea ?

--
John - www.puresilver.org