Re: APIS

From: Richard Sullivan ^lt;richsul@earthlink.net>
Date: 07/04/05-09:18:49 AM Z

Just a note.

We still have room for more at APIS. We're off about 20% on the sign ups
this year but the convention people here in town tell me this is about par
for the course all over the country. Travel isn't much fun anymore. Duh!

It's not too late to hop a flight and come. We'll be able to take walk-ins.

Paul Lehman just rolled into to town and A bunch of the early arrivals had
fried chicken and beer at the Sullivan pad and we couldn't resist pulling
up Powerpoint on my laptop and going over Pauls presentation. Paul has
invented three, (not just one!) dichromated colloid processes. I have to
say I was blown away. Simple and elegant. He's talked about these before
but has made some recent functional mods to these processes.

I will be doing a presentation on The Center for Photographic History and
Technology. We're in the final throes (apologies to Mr. Rove) of getting
our tax exempt status. This will be the first major organization dedicated
to photographic history that will give serious thought to the underlying
technology and have a core of people with practical experience in historic
processes. Needless to say I am pretty excited about the Center. You will
be hearing more about it in the near future. I will be posting my
Powerpoint presentation shortly after the APIS symposium.

I am just starting a paper on the topic of photography and technology as it
applies to esthetics and I thought I throw the first part that is still in
rough form.\ but there are some ideas there that we can chew on.

comments appreciated.

--Dick Sullivan