Re: RE:Just the facts, Ma'am, Just the facts... Kodak B&W Paper Discontinued

From: SteveS ^lt;sgshiya@redshift.com>
Date: 07/13/05-10:19:04 AM Z

It's early in the morning, and I have to get warmed up writing something, so
I have elected to respond to this note below the comment from Bob Kiss.

In the book - something like - California Pictoralism, published by the
Getty Museum where it describes the beginning of photography groups after
the San Francisco earthquake. They talk about the 'business' of
photography, which was mostly in illustrations. There is a quote from Ansel
Adams, who was illuminating his group that met in Oakland, the Brennan
Group, about the beginnings of manufactured photographic printing paper by
Defender. His opinion was that that would revolutionize photography and
give photographers a consistency never before realized; and we didn't have
to spend the time making our own paper.

Film won't go away.

S.