Densitometer questions

From: Louis de Stoutz ^lt;loudest@attglobal.net>
Date: 07/13/05-03:20:10 PM Z

I just acquired an inexpensive x-rite 810 and am a bit confused about
the status question. The 810 has Tran: status M and Refl: status A.
Please comment or correct me:

- UV is out
- for "traditional" B&W negs status M is fine: just use "visual"
- is there really no way I could use M for other negs, like Pyro?
- I read somewhere to use the blue channel for Pyro
- Could I correct the M response towards an A using some filter?

There seems to be an alternative head from x-rite to make the 810 do
Tran:A but it may be expensive. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Louis