Re: Kallitype humidity problems

From: Sandy King ^lt;sanking@clemson.edu>
Date: 07/16/05-11:24:17 AM Z

I did not see the original message about streaking and speckling with
kallitype until Chris posted her response.

I live in South Carokina where the humidity can get very high at
certain times of the year. I have never found high humidity to be a
problem with kallitype. In fact, to the contrary, with all of the
papers I have used high humidity is a definite plus as you usually
get more Dmax in these conditions, same as with Pt./Pd. printing.

I will qualify my comment with the remark that my working room is air
conditioned and that RH rarely gets above 70%.

The problem you are having may be contaminants in the brush, as Chris
suggested. It may also be from the paper itself. Certain vellum
papers that I have used for kallitype and Pt./Pd. printing, for
example, have a tendency to produce black speckles.

Uneven coating and mottling sounds like more a problem of coating
technique then anything else.

Sandy