Re: argyrotype paper

From: christine shepherd ^lt;shepherd@celticweb.com>
Date: 07/20/05-11:28:01 AM Z

hi there,

i tried several papers, Buxton, Arches, and Rives BFK.

i really wanted Buxton to be the winner, the texture and feel of the paper is so lovely, but good old 90-pound Crane's Cover Natural White, aka Parchment, aka, Platinotype, was by far the best, with the most even coating, and the richest, smoothest dmax.

the most critical element for me was the ambient humidity. it needed to be above 35% for the coating to be blotch-free.

cheers,
christine

You have noticed that everything an Indian does is in a circle, and that is because the Power of the World always works in circles, and everything tries to be round.....The Sky is round, and I have heard that the Earth is round like a ball, and so are all the stars. The Wind, in its greatest power, whirls. Birds make their nest in circles, for theirs is the same religion as ours....
Even the seasons form a great circle in their changing, and always come back again to where they were. The life of a man is a circle from childhood to childhood, and so it is in everything where power moves.

~Black Elk