RE: Kate's new gums :)

From: Kate M ^lt;kateb@paradise.net.nz>
Date: 07/27/05-02:25:28 PM Z

"the final effect incorporates both gum's ability to show sharp detail "
Funny, when I first started making gumprints I read that gum wasn't
able to show fine deatil....<belly laugh> those darn pictorialists!!
The context was of pinhole photography as I recall, and I was advised
nopt to make pinhole photos with gum as they would be "very fuzzy" due
to the combined effects of pinhole and gum.

Amazing, the human ability to see one aspect of something and ignore the
rest to the point where they actually advise others without any personal
knowledge!

Musing on humanity today...
Kate