Re: I'll never double coat cyano again -- was what I've learned about cyanotype thru PDN

From: Michael Koch-Schulte ^lt;mkochsch@shaw.ca>
Date: 06/06/05-10:09:08 PM Z

I've tried double coating the Cyanotype II (Ware's recipe) and all that
brought me was an increased chance of blotching and contamination of the
paper. As Judy mentioned several months ago Cyano II's are a tad finicky --
an understatement. I've found choice of paper and the amount of sensitiser I
embed into the paper are the numbers one and two variables, in that order,
which contribute to the success or failure of a print. I've just switched
over to using some DIY glass coating rods (thanks to whomever recommended
buying a pound of 12mm borosilicate tubes from Cynmar) and I'm finding a lot
more consistency in my results this week. Now if I can just get my coating
mojo down...was that five passes or six?

~m