Re: yellow pigment for gum

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 06/08/05-01:15:15 PM Z

Katharine Thayer wrote:

> Christina Z. Anderson wrote:
> >
> > Well, this is good to hear, as I have made many prints with it. But Wilcox
> > was so castigating, saying, "As this is an imitation Gamboge I feel that it
> > should be described as such to remove any confusion. It should also employ
> > lightfast pigments for the sake of the customer." That, coupled with the
> > fact that M. Graham totally reformulated their gamboge to be PY151/PO62 made
> > me nervous. Have you talked with M. Graham about why they reformulated?
>
> Yes, but it didn't have anything to do with permanence of the pigment.

Just one more bit of data about this: Graham rated this paint I, so it
should be clear that it wasn't because of any concerns about permanence
that they reformulated the paint. (There are manufacturers whose
lightfastness ratings I don't have much respect for, but I trust Art
Graham's absolutely).

Katharine