Re: Kodak B&W Paper Discontinued?

From: Richard Knoppow ^lt;dickburk@ix.netcom.com>
Date: 06/15/05-01:57:26 PM Z

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Cremati" <johnjohnc@core.com>
To: <alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca>
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 12:38 PM
Subject: Kodak B&W Paper Discontinued?

> Does any one know anything about this? Is this for just
> this company or
> they are just no longer making all Black and White Papers?
> John Cremati
   I received a message from a friend at Kodak this morning
telling me that Kodak has discontinued all B&W paper, of all
types in all sizes, effective now. Sales will continue until
present stocks are exhausted, estimated at six months. The
reason is simply loss of market. The market has been
shrinking by an average of 25% a year for the last couple of
years. Kodak management is only doing what it must to
protect its stockholders.
   They will continue to make B&W film and chemicals for B&W
film and paper and color materials.
   My source asked not to be identified but is what the
press calls a highly reliable source.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA