Re: Kodak B&W Paper Discontinued? Good Ridence.

From: Bob Maxey ^lt;written_by@msn.com>
Date: 06/16/05-06:37:31 PM Z

> I don't intend to be an apologist for Kodak, but perhaps you'd want to
> make some second thoughts.
>
> The responsibility of a corporation is to return the highest profit
> possible to its shareholders. All the other stuff is to support that
> profit machine. So, if n dollars invested in producing y product do not
> return as much profit as n dollars invested in x product, the
> corporation must consider producing x instead of y. Now a part of that
> consideration is how much y product adds to the overall equation, say
> producing y to support sales of z, which does return huge profits.
>
> After all, what would you think of a company that continued to make
> entry point buggy whips in 1930? Digital is a fact of life, and even
> Kodak cannot dispute this fact. Of course, it would be nice if they were
> to sell these products to another manufacturer; but I'd suspect they've
> tried and come up empty.

Very good points, Pam.

We all love photography. We all hate the idea Kodak will be dumping
something responsible for building the company. We also would scream if we
were stockholders of a company that did not put profits and dividends first.

I can tell you Kodak has changed. At one time, Kodak would continue to make
film for cameras long departed from the landscape. At one time, Kodak cared
about their customers.

Bob