Re: Kodak B&W Paper Discontinued? - Very confusing

From: Robert M ^lt;written_by@msn.com>
Date: 06/18/05-02:58:05 AM Z

> The following website is a list of discontinued Kodak products:

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/professional/products/papers/discontinuedPape
rs.jhtml?id=0.1.16.14.30.54&lc=en

Can someone please explain something to me?

I visited the link and clicked the Kodabromide paper link. Yes, it has been
discontinued, but they recommend using Kodabrome II RC as a replacement. I
clicked on the Elite paper link, and they recommend Polymax Fine Art paper.
Some other suggested replacement papers include Polycontrast IV RC and
Professional Polymax II RC.

If Kodak has, in fact, discontinued manufacturing all black and white
papers, (as the AP and other reports indicated) why do they recommend
replacement black and white papers? Or is the above link outdated and
indeed, ALL black and white papers are now gone?

- A very confused, Dektol drunk Bob