Re: Kodak B&W Paper Discontinued? Good Ridence.

From: Robert M ^lt;written_by@msn.com>
Date: 06/18/05-03:35:15 AM Z

> Then I hope you are here in about 20 years to enjoy the fruits of the
> managements decisions to maximize immediate profits rather than to
reinvest
> in long term relationships with their customers.

In keeping with the thread topic and avoiding an economics 101 class, I
might suggest Kodak is indeed catering to the needs of the customer.
Apparently, they are pushing digital photography and building LT
relationships with customers demanding digital.

Dropping digital and reintroducing my favorite Kodak papers (Opal, Kodalure,
Royal Bromide, Deckle edged postcard stock, and Illustrator's Special to
name a few) would not be a smart business move.

We are mad because Kodak is (a big apparently) dropping b/w paper from their
product line. Heck, I miss the Panheads, flat heads, and knuckleheads. HD
is not likely to reintroduce those engines because people want modern
technology and speed. Apparently.

Incidentally, if you visit Kodak's list of discontinued papers, not all
black and white papers have been discontinued. Some (Kodabromide, for
example) papers have been discontinued, but they list other black and white
papers as recommended replacements.

Does anyone know the facts? Apparently, the reports are less than accurate.

Bob