RE: Hardening salted paper and potassium dichromate

From: Liam Lawless ^lt;liam.lawless@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: 06/20/05-11:20:09 AM Z

I don't know Rives bfk, but if I Google it I see it described "acid free",
"pH neutral", etc. This almost certainly means it's alkaline buffered;
paper buffering is usually with carbonate, so your sensitised paper will
contain some silver carbonate as well as chloride, and this could be the
cause of your problem. Try a non-buffered paper and see if it makes a
difference. Whatman is good for salt, or maybe a cartridge paper - as long
as it isn't buffered.

Liam