Re: Photoshop curves for printing negatives for cyanotype?

From: Tom Ferguson ^lt;tomf2468@pipeline.com>
Date: 06/24/05-08:39:22 AM Z

The "classic" method is to apply the curve and then invert. That is
Burkholder's method, so most of us follow it.

In theory, with a different curve, you could easily reverse the steps.

Michael is correct, someone else's curve won't be correct for you. Too
many variables. But, someone else's curve can be a good starting point.
Here is my photoshop curve data for classic cyanotype, 1.5 parts A to 1
part B, Cranes Platinotype paper, UV tubes exposure, Burkholder style
colored neg, Epson 1280, Media Street ink (what did I say about "too
many variables"??):

In : Out
0 : 0
13: 70
103 : 152
128 : 159
153 : 165
179 : 170
204 : 175
230 : 180
242 : 186
255 : 210

Hope that helps,
Tom

On Friday, June 24, 2005, at 12:02 AM, Christina wrote:

> What it the right way?
> - first apply curve then invert the picture or
> - invert the picture and then apply the curve?
>
> I know that you get different negatives with the two.
> Thanks
> Christina
>
> http://www.fotografisches.at
> http://www.fotoblog.fotografisches.at