Re: Dry Plate Speed & Shelflife

From: Ryuji Suzuki ^lt;rs@AgX.st>
Date: 03/01/05-09:07:21 PM Z

From: Robert Newcomb <newcombr@uga.edu>
Subject: Dry Plate Speed & Shelflife
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 21:45:43 -0500

> their is a lot of conflicting information out there.

If you keep close attention to individual techniques, their year of
invention/discovery and the science behind them, things are pretty
straightforward and make good sense. It's just that it's hard to grasp
133 years (some would say 154 years) of history dense and rich in
interactions of individual pieces of science and technology,
especially because a lot of modern professional historians are amateur
chemists at best. On the other hand, amateur historians tend to care
about tabulating one liners of each invention with its date, with
little considerations of their interactions.

> I've been trying to figure out how to proceed with only one side of
> the many sided issue. I continue to welcome imput either now or
> later and I very much appreciate all I can learn from it.

In order to get best possible inputs, it is quite essential to
describe your material, technique, goal, etc. in sufficient details.

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"Well, believing is all right, just don't let the wrong people know