Home made Lenses

From: John Cremati ^lt;johnjohnc@core.com>
Date: 03/04/05-01:05:15 AM Z

       I just got a copy of "Amatuer Lens Making". After briefley reviewing
it , my only comment is that you should not quit your day job.
       Every grinding and polishing process requires a machined tool for
the job ........ The tool needs to be mounted on a machine able to revolve
the glass and or grinding tool.......... It is quite involved not only
making the lenses but there are complex instruments used for testing them
as well..... Then there is the machining skills needed to mount
them......... The book how ever is a great book loaded with diagrams on how
to go about things should you have a mind to .....
      .John Cremati