Re: Adhesion: Silane and gum

From: MARTINM ^lt;martinm@SoftHome.net>
Date: 03/06/05-04:38:45 AM Z

> No, I didn't use acetone on both sides of the glass, but I'm not sure I
> understand the question.

Sorry, I meant, did you treat all glasses with acetone (you said: "The wet
gum coating didn't stick as well to the silane-treated glass as it does to
plain glass ..."), the "plain glass" was also treated with acetone?

> Would IPA be a better
> solvent? Weren't you the one who recommended acetone?

I've heard of acetone or methanol in that context but assume IPA would also
work.

Martin