Re: Alt Books.

From: John Cremati ^lt;johnjohnc@core.com>
Date: 03/06/05-12:28:50 PM Z

 Mark,
     I both sell and buy books on E-pay frequently ( 10 to 20 per month
typically) ........... Prices goes both ways dramatically, sometimes
cheaper on Ebay, sometimes cheaper on a On-line book site...... ..... On
Ebay I will sometimes buy a book in a section, read it , then relist it in
the same section 10 days later and sells for significantly more ( probably
because I write a book report for a ad) , but sometimes it sells for
less!..... I found that the higher end collectable books that typically
list on Abe's, Alibris , or Amazon, for several hundred dollars or more,
can usually be bought on Ebay much, much cheaper...... So who can figure?
          Many times the in depth description and photos of the book's
content , typical with the Ebay ad's, is very helpful so the buyer just
goes for it and does not worry about the few dollars he might save
elsewhere........ Plus bidding a auction is exciting a lot of fun, (
especially if you win..)..
     I agree with you though that standard procedure should be to do
your homework and shop the on-line dealers prices before you bid ...

John Cremati.