Re: Dry Plate Speed & Shelflife

From: MARTINM ^lt;martinm@SoftHome.net>
Date: 03/08/05-04:33:30 AM Z

Though Ryuji didn't summarize my position entirely accurately, I don't
intend to play the "yousaid-Isaid-yousaid" game. The relevant posts can be
found in the archives.

No doubt, the bathing method is unlikely to replace those professional
emulsions (specially designed, full of tons of any kind of dopants &
epitaxies). Having said that, it might still be fun to try.

To make it very short now, the passage I quoted from Glafkidès (3rd
edition), clearly indicates sulfur sensitization. Adding the possible
effects through reduction sensitization (ascorbate/Quinaldine Red) as
previously described, may well provide acceptable levels of speed.

Martin