Larger Digital negs by tiling

From: david ^lt;davidhatton@superonline.com>
Date: 03/09/05-03:11:42 PM Z

Hello,

I've been lurking for a while and have finally decided to take the
plunge with a somewhat naive question.

I wish to make larger Gum prints but I don't have a darkroom nor do I
have a large printer. I'm currently using an Epson 1290 printer for my
negatives which is limited, I believe, to 13x19 print area.

Have any of you learned printers ever 'tiled' negatives to produce
larger images. Is it possible to produce a gum print without lines
caused by light diffraction where the negs are tiled?

Thanks,

David Hatton