prints on wood

From: Adam. Waterson ^lt;artistboi@speakeasy.net>
Date: 03/09/05-03:25:58 PM Z

We had an ice storm in GA like a month or so ago, and it ruined 4 of my
big fall evergreens. In cutting them down, I've realized that the bark
peels away like plastic wrap, so I now have sheets of bark drying. I
was wondering if anyone had any recommendations as far as how long to
let the bark dry, anything to prepare it with? Its a beautiful pearl
white right now, and I'd love it if that color didn't dry down to sappy
brown.

Also, what to use to print on the surface, i know u can use liquid
light, but i'm more into silver nitrate prints, will the silver need a
gum layer to stick, like perhaps an albumen coating around the surface
of the wood.

Cheers
Adam

Thanks for your thoughts