Re: Restoration of tri-color camera

From: Richard Knoppow ^lt;dickburk@ix.netcom.com>
Date: 03/11/05-04:55:13 PM Z

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sandy King" <sanking@clemson.edu>
To: <alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca>
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2005 9:11 AM
Subject: Re: Restoration of tri-color camera

> Well, the good news is that the company that made my 5X7
> tri-color camera back in the 1930s, National Photocolor,
> is still in business. See at
> http://www.nationalphotocolor.com/tech.html
>
> Other good news is that someone on the list actually has a
> manual for use of this camera and is going to provide me
> with a copy. He has also already restored one and promises
> to be an invaluable resource in my own work.
>
> The bad news is that some of the parts I will need for the
> restoration, in particular pellicle mirrors, are fairly
> expensive.
>
> I will try to remember to document the progress of this
> project for those who might be interested.
>

> Sandy

  I wonder if others are using these old cameras. If so the
person at National Photocolor may have some information on
suggested films and development. Carbon printing materials
are available from Bostick & Sullivan, however I don't know
if the right color tissue for three color work is available,
an e-mail will find out.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA