New List Minders? (RE: Fibber McGee's Closet)

From: Eric Neilsen ^lt;e.neilsen@worldnet.att.net>
Date: 03/12/05-10:05:35 PM Z

Sandy et al, It has been a big pain to be a list member when episodes like
this last one erupt. I have seen so many over the years, 10 years or so,
that I have lost track. The contributors come from all over and from all
walks of life. There needs to be a bit of latitude shown when "less than
polite" language is used. As this family has grown and changed, we have
seen large contributions by various people; Sullivan, Terry King, Nadeau.
Some times it is very obvious to all what is going on and sometimes not so.

For the list to be vibrant and healthy, diversity is a must. So for those
with a weak skin, please continue to sit quietly in the back until you can
take it on the chin if you chime in and get popped. If this list will teach
you any thing, it is that art, the practice of or learning of, is not a soft
place. It is full of hard knocks and nasty people. Some times very helpful
people and hopefully those are the ones that fill your needs the most. The
others you tolerate like the jerks on the other highway made of asphalt.

I use the delete button often, and don't really mind doing so. Could much
of this last go round about Richard, aka Jewelia / paper goddess/?? been
avoided. Most certainly. In my personal contact with this person, I found
someone knowledgeable but a bit like grappa; an acquired taste.

I am not promoting the use of harsh language and tough love in the arts.
But there are those that believe that even in art, if I yell loud enough,
that makes me right. Well we all know that it just ain't so.

If some list members need to take a break to chill let's hope they do.
Maybe it is spring break build up, cabin fever, ??? We can have honest
disagreements without insults. Have a nice weekend all.

EJ Neilsen

Eric Neilsen Photography

4101 Commerce Street

Suite 9