Re: new member

From: Alex Swain ^lt;fotoobscura@gmail.com>
Date: 03/15/05-07:36:16 AM Z

Welcome Jose,

I use the following, which may or may not be a little excessive for your needs:

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/WideFormat/WideFormatDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=-11261

An Epson Stylus Pro 4000 ($$$) with inks from Inkjetmall.

I am waiting to get into the Piezographic system but I don't think the
4000 can do this yet. On the good side, other printers such as the
1280, 2200 and the 3000 (and more probably) do sell the inks which
basically allow full, accurate calibration from ink to printer to
monitor.

If you're just starting the 1280 and the 2000P are fantastic printers
and have great output and are very cheap for their quality..The 1280
is ~$400 USD -$100 USD rebate in most places and the 2000P is about
$350 USD or less. Another fine printer is the Epson Photo R800 (my
favorite out of the three) which probably goes for around the same
price range as the other two. These are fantastic printers and are
great for transparency printing if you plan to get into digital
negatives.

Hope this little part helps!

p.s. Use Vuescan if you have a PC :)

--