Re: Re: The value of the handmade

From: res1dvao@verizon.net
Date: 03/15/05-12:52:09 PM Z

 I think we agree that film and silver are becoming historic processes. Digital is the norm and film and silver are yesterdays standard.

I like "historic process" except most of the work done in "historic processes" is actually a blend of old (gum, Plt/Pld, etc) and new (digital negs).

As to calling ink jet prints "pigment" prints I suppose the most accurate description is "pigment ink" prints and "dye" ink prints. "Giclee" to me is, if not a misrepresentation, certainly a coverup of the real process, inkjet printing. The only thing wrong with inkjet printing is it got off to a bad start. We need to rehabilitate the term "inkjet prints".

In the end, we all put images on various surfaces using various methods and show them to others.

As to the guy selling inkjet prints as Plt/Pla, he should be reported to the consumer fraud authorities and arrested.

George