Vandyke Brown Contrast Control - Question for Liam and Sandy

From: Daniel Williams ^lt;dtwilliams3@comcast.net>
Date: 03/15/05-08:04:01 PM Z

In Post-Factory #8 two formulas were given for variations on part A of
the VDB classic formula. Liam Lawless created one formula and Sandy King
the other. Different ratios of the classic and the new part A were added
to the standard parts B and C resulting increased contrast over the
standard VDB print. I intend to try each.

Both of the new formulas used Ferric Citrate. I just ordered some from
the source listed,Tri-Ess - by the way, Tri-Ess is going out of business
and is now selling off its remaining stock.

Carmen Lizardo, the author of the article describing Liam's formula,
apparently had very little trouble getting the Ferric Citrate to go into
solution. She said that eventually it all did. For Sandy, however, it
sounded harder than steaming diamonds until tender.

Liam, what was your experience? Was there anything the article left out?

Sandy, did the sediment ever clear for you?

Dan Williams
Enumclaw WA
dtwilliams3@comcast.net