Re: The value of the handmade

From: Ryuji Suzuki ^lt;rs@AgX.st>
Date: 03/16/05-11:50:17 AM Z

From: Richard Sullivan <richsul@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: The value of the handmade
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 09:27:17 -0700

> Off topic probably. I suspect we should totally divorce technology
> from the aesthetic issues, it's so much easier to understand that
> way.

I think what need to be divorced are politics, business and dollarship
from technology, aesthetic issues and scholarship.

I also think that historical discussion of photography is incomplete
unless effort is made to integrate each technological advancement and
its practical impacts, such as the kind of photography it enabled.

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"Well, believing is all right, just don't let the wrong people know