Re: Actual photograph

From: ericawd ^lt;ericawd@memworld.com>
Date: 03/18/05-09:27:17 AM Z

A number of years ago, I worked at a local television station. They decided at one point to buy a "chip" camera, (read "going digital".) The production department was gathered together to view the two finalists. One camera had very good fidelity, however, the image was pretty lifeless. The other's fidelity was not quite as good, but the picture was "prettier" and more painterly. It was if one had been designed strictly by a technician and the other had been sent to an artist for a final tweaking.

Maybe Photoshop 1000.5 will have a plug-in for the different brands of cameras. The bottom line is that photography is/was what first Kodak and Nikon, lately Epson, Samsung and Nikon, says it is, resistance is futile. (That is what I like about the term "post factory".)

Candace Spearman