Re: Fibber McGee's Closet

From: Peter Marshall ^lt;petermarshall@cix.co.uk>
Date: 03/22/05-05:04:46 AM Z

I had hoped this was finished, but opened my mail today to see the
inauguration of a new round, with a promise that we should "stay tuned
for some excerpts" from past squabbles.

Is it too late to urge a little moderated self-restraint? Perhaps if
everyone was to get more of a life away from this list, restrict
themselves to a maximum of perhaps two or three short messages a day,
avoid offensive subject titles and take care to stick purely and simply
to the practical advice concerned with alt photography?

But I can't see it happening unless backed by prompt action by the list
minders, including a ban on postings such as those threatened above -
and if necessary the removal from the list of anyone who tries to stoke
these pointless and off-topic acrimonious disputes.

I suspect I will be accused of 'taking sides' by some. I'm trying hard
not to, since I'd like a list without 'sides', though of course there
will sometimes be disagreements and misunderstandings. But here we seem
to have obsessive behaviour that threatens the future of the list, and
certainly unless something is done soon, I'll be looking for the
instructions on how to unsubscribe after many years.

--
Peter Marshall
petermarshall@cix.co.uk     +44 (0)1784 456474