RE: Scale or Balance Recommendations

From: SitgesN1@netscape.net
Date: 03/29/05-03:17:57 AM Z

Michael,
Two months ago I bought a 300grx0,1gr pocket scale for weighing pigments for carbon printing. I payed less than $20 for this PR-300 chinese made product at
http://www.toplinedigitalscales.com/catalog.php?action=124&item_id=53
I've checked this scale with calibrated weights and I can tell you - at least mine- is accurate to 0.23% of full scale
Here are details of my checking:
1 -1.0
2 -2.0
10-10.0
20-20.0
30-30.0
50-50.1
100-100.2
200-200.4
350-250.6
300-300.7
 I hope this can help
-Francesc

Michael Koch-Schulte <mkochsch@shaw.ca> wrote:

>I need a good starter scale or balance. I was looking at cheap ones at
>Cynmar. Is 100g at 0.1 good enough for most alt processes? or should I be
>going bigger? Any brand recommendations, good or bad, would also be
>appreciated i.e. what to avoid. Also, any thoughts on whether a balance with
>weights is better or worse than a electronic or digital scale for weighing
>out? Thx.

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.