Digital negatives - Epson and grain.

From: roman sokoler ^lt;sokoler@post3.tele.dk>
Date: 03/31/05-12:10:04 AM Z

Dear List,

I have been doing digital negatives with my Epson 2100 (in us: 2200) and OHP of Pictorico and Agfa Copyjet. I use Epson pigment inks - UltraChrome.

When I am doing gum printing with negative densities around 1.0 - 1.2 it all works fine.

Some weeks ago I started to do negatives for other processes that needs higher densities around 2.0 -

I test these negatives in a traditional silver process on paper grad 0 and I can see the negatives are making like "grain" in the midtones and the highlights on the print.

I read that many on our list are very satisfied with the digital negatives made with the 2200 for Pt-Pd processes so I think there must be a solution - just I have not found it.

I am waiting for some helpful answers - thanks in advance.

Roman