Re: cyano recipe

From: Christina Z. Anderson ^lt;zphoto@bellsouth.net>
Date: 05/03/05-10:12:17 PM Z

For sure, Kris, Charles is correct.
The formula I use is 20 g. FAC to 100ml water, and 8 g. pot ferri to 100 ml
water. Pot ferri weighs more than FAC, about 15.5 g per tablespoon vs. FAC
at 12.5 g per tablespoon.

For the 1 cup water measure, you would use 4 tablespoons of FAC (to 1 cup
water) and 1 1/2 tablespoons of pot ferri (to the other cup water).

I don't think you have to be too exact; the recipe for mixing 1/2 gallon
that the blueprintable people use is this:

8 oz FAC
4 oz pot ferri
1/2 gal water.

With my recipe it'd be 8 oz FAC and 3 oz pot ferri, and then I double the
FAC to pot ferri when i mix part A and B anyway at time of use so that it
prints faster.

Sam Wang gave me a chart once where he graphed all the different cyano
formulae from all the high up schmuckymucks, and the measurements were all
over the board, so it isn't crucial like other processes that are measured
in (arghhh) drops.

Michael, kitchen recipe for VDB is this, but I am not knowledgeable enough
about VDB to know if you have to be more exact:
FAC 2 1/4 tsp to 1 oz water, Tartaric acid 1/4 tsp to 1 oz water, and silver
nitrate 1/4 tsp per 1 oz water. Larger measurements that are more exact
would be 5 tablespoons FAC to 1 c water, 2 1/2 tsp tartaric per 1 cup water,
and 2 tsp silver nitrate per 1 cup water.
Chris