Re: Formaldehyde source (was Gum woes)

From: Dave Rose ^lt;cactuscowboy@bresnan.net>
Date: 05/10/05-09:26:39 PM Z

The formaldehyde I bought from Dawn was manufactured by Spectrum Chemical
Mfg. Corp 14422 S. San Pedro St., Gardena, CA 90248. S/N: F1080,
Formaldehyde Solution Reagent, A.C.S. Assay 36.5-38.0%, which matches the
37% you see listed as available.

A quick web search found it here:
http://www.spectrumchemical.com/retail/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=Chemicals&category%5Fname=&product%5Fid=1466747

I have a gallon jug of the stuff. It looks like it's now packaged in metric
volumes. A gallon (or similar size) may be overkill. My gallon jug is
still mostly full many years later. It only takes 25ml formaldehyde per
liter of water to make a solution for hardening prints. A little goes a
long way.

Best regards,
Dave Rose
Big Wonderful Wyoming