Re: patently frustrated

From: Halvor Bjørngård ^lt;halvorb@fastmail.fm>
Date: 05/10/05-09:01:02 PM Z

Richard Knoppow wrote:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Halvor Bjørngård" <halvorb@fastmail.fm>

> Patentese is fascinating. Of course, these are legal, not technical or
> scientific publications. They are often written as much to obscure
> things as to make them plain. Also, although patents are not supposed to
> be issued for impossible inventions they often are.

Yes, quite a puzzle sometimes. I have been wondering, when a recipie is
listed, is this usually the best result they have achieved for the
purpose or intentionally a bit off target to confuse things ?

I suppose different authors and periods have different levels of
"obscuring techniques", the modern ones beeing the worst, but ...

Halvor