Re: Formaldehyde source (was Gum woes)

From: Bob Maxey ^lt;written_by@msn.com>
Date: 05/12/05-01:19:49 AM Z

> FYI, if you're going to work with Formaldehyde, you should check to see if
> your VOC respirator is going to give you adequate protection. I had to get
> special cartridges specifically for formaldehyde.

One thing to keep in mind when it comes to proper use of a respirator, is
its proper fitting. If you want proper protection, it is important that you
undergo a respirator fit test. You should not simply purchase a respirator
without ensuring you select the proper device and it fits you properly.

When our department was responsible for HAZ-COM training, we made certain
every user was properly fitted. This meant no facial hair that could cause
an improper seal between the skin and the respirator.

I would suggest looking for experts in your area to help you choose a
respirator. Typically a seller of such protective devices can make sure you
select and use a proper respirator.

Bob