emulsion flake off in glass plate negatives

From: V KARTHIK ^lt;savitrika@sify.com>
Date: 05/26/05-04:09:16 AM Z

Hello ?Everybody,

I have to work on a batch of glass plate negatives (6"x8" size and some 5"x7"s) shortly. I have already made POP prints from most of them.
In one of the plates, the emulsion seems to have flaked off the surface of the plate. The hole formed by the flake off is growing bigger and more emulsion is continuing to flake off the plate (over the last 5 years).

Now, is there any way in which the emulsion can be bound again to the glass plate ? If any of you have any experience in this matter or could point to info on the web, I would remain obliged.

Thank you,

all good wishes,

V. Karthik