Re: Lamp black - is it the Devil or not?

From: Dave Rose ^lt;cactuscowboy@bresnan.net>
Date: 05/26/05-07:12:54 AM Z

I've used lamp black extensively for gum printing. IMO, it's excellent.
It's strong, intense, and more opaque than most pigments. My favorite is
"Carbon Black" powder, available from Photographer's Formulary in Montana.
I mix my stock solution at 1 gram pigment per 100 ml gum.

Best regards,
Dave Rose
Powell, Wyoming