anyone who has experience with cellulose nitrate negatives

From: V KARTHIK ^lt;savitrika@sify.com>
Date: 05/30/05-05:45:22 AM Z

Hello Everybody,

Kodak's book conservation of photographs has a chapter on 'stripping' the pellicle off the base of a cellulose nitrate negative. The procedure looks dangerous, in my opinion. I know that 'stripping' cellulose acetate negative is a cinch with most professional conservators, though, I have attempted this only once, and was successful.

does anyone have the experience of seperating the pellice off a cellulose nitrate base ?

All Good Wishes,

V. Karthik