Re: Further Gum Woes was Gum woes revisited

From: Joe Smigiel ^lt;jsmigiel@kvcc.edu>
Date: 05/30/05-02:02:58 PM Z

>>> davidhatton@superonline.com 05/30/05 2:46 PM >>>
...Exposure by my guessometer was
90 min. overcast sky south western Turkey
Is there anyone out there using the sun as a light source for gum?

David Hatton

David,

When I print gum outdoors in midlatitude Michigan using similar
materials (saturated K dichromate, low contrast in-camera neg or
enlarged dupe, etc., but on sized paper) my exposures in the sun are
around 30 to 90 SECONDS in sunlight and maybe up to 3 1/2 minutes if
overcast. I print usually to auto-develop, but even when I plan to
abrade the surface do I rarely give more that 5 minutes exposure.

I think you're baking the emulsion.

Joe