Re: alternative to flourescent tubes.

From: Barb ^lt;rubyslpr@sbcglobal.net>
Date: 05/30/05-06:06:00 PM Z

The "corkscrew" shaped bulbs are low wattage meant for household use.
However, there are high wattage "sunlamp" bulbs available. They can most
easily be found on sites that deal with reptiles and terrariums. These are
full spectrum, self-ballasted, mercury vapor, UV bulbs that screw into a
regular incandescent fixture.