Re: Arches Bright White [was Many Thanks...]

From: Tom Sobota ^lt;tsobota@teleline.es>
Date: 11/02/05-02:39:21 PM Z

David,

You have R.K.Burt and Co., (http://www.rkburt.co.uk/) They are in London
and sell Arches, Fabriano, Hahnemühle, the lot.

Lawrence Art Supplies also sell Arches: (http://www.lawrence.co.uk/). They
have an online shop.

I cannot find any 'Bright White Hot Press' paper in their online catalogs,
however. Lawrence sell something called 'Arches Blanc', that is, white, in
several weights, no mention whether it is cold or hot press.

Perhaps it is a trade name used only in the States and in Canada? Curry's
in Canada sell a 'Arches Blanc Brillant' :
http://www.currys.com/paperfr/prodinfo.asp?SubcatID=4073&catID=7 but I
cannot find references to this paper in Europe.

You'd better ask this Purcell, anyway. They will know. Perhaps you could
post whatever they tell you?

I have been also intrigued by this paper and could not find it. Seems that
they are producing it since 2000, but it is nowhere to be seen in the
Arches France catalogs. At least the online ones.

For the time being, I'll stick to Fabriano :-)

Regards
Tom