Re: Arches Bright White [was Many Thanks...]

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 11/03/05-03:52:05 AM Z

davidhatton wrote:

> I'll let you know what I find out. It makes me think that some other
> supplier is adding something to the surface, maybe as an inkjet paper or
> something like that..

If so, it would be marketed as an inkjet paper, not a watercolor paper,
wouldn't you think? It's marketed as a watercolor paper, under the
Arches banner in the Daniel Smith catalog; the two papers are displayed
side by side, the bright white offered as a whiter alternative to the
traditional paper, in the very same way that the Fabriano Artistico
Extra White is offered as a whiter alternative to the traditional
Fabriano Artistico.

I found an article (press release?) announcing the introduction of this
paper, but it crashes my browser so I can't read it.

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0HMU/is_10_27/ai_73443379

Katharine