Re: Re: salt prints - at last!

From: jude.taylor@comcast.net
Date: 11/09/05-09:49:17 AM Z

Hi Chris,

Yes, working small has it's advantages: the Glad Ware (microwave, dishwasher,
freezer safe with double-protection-seal lids) products are really great; they
hold up to all the chemicals I have tested so far (I'm also using one for the Pd
toner bath), but don't come quite as big as the Rubbermaid trays.

A photographic supply house would probably call the red bulb a "safelight;" Home
Depot calls it a night light :-). I also have some other "tungsten" on - a
40-watt yellow bug light at the far end of my work area, enough to see by. In
the little bathroom where I hang the silver coated sheets to dry I use a 7-watt
red nightlight (also available at Home Depot and also fits in a regular-size
lightbulb fixture), but turn it off when I am not in the room. (the salted-Ag
nitrate paper drys so nicely on a line, where as if I line dry - as opposed to
blow drying with a little desk-top fan - the NEW cyanotype, it often
crystallizes somewhere on the sheet.)

Cheers!
Judy

--