Re: Signing Your Work

From: Barry Kleider ^lt;bkleider@sihope.com>
Date: 11/10/05-08:09:36 PM Z

Michael,

As you can see from the responses, there is no such thing as a
"standard" way to sign a photograph.

A couple years ago, I started signing the back of my prints in pencil,
and singing the mat in either pencil or permanent marker.

I recently saw a "certificate of authenticity" done by a local painter
and I'm considering doing this as well. On it, she's got a 50% screen of
the image, the title, edition and print number along with her signature
and the name and address of the gallery. I suppose other information
could be included: neg number, info about the process, etc.

I'm also considering getting an embossing stamp. Lithographers do this
always - even when they are printing for the artist. (I believe they
call it a "kiss.")

Barry