Re: GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR

From: Kai Hamann ^lt;kaihamann@t-online.de>
Date: 11/11/05-12:00:17 PM Z

COT-320 is a wonderful paper and it has a quite flat gradation when printing cyanotypes. Rumors are that it is a seized Arches Platine (found that in the archives here). I canīt see a difference compared with Arches Platine but coating is more consistant. Recently I had staining problems with the sheets of the last stack from a batch bought three or four years ago. Looked like tiny blue crystals that appeared only in the highlights. Maybe there is a chemical reaction on the fibres over the time. So my current order from Lotus is smaller because COT-320 is really not cheap but worth the extra money.

All the best
  Kai