RE: To Don (and others, was: )RE: Gum questions - 101

From: Loris Medici ^lt;loris_medici@mynet.com>
Date: 11/15/05-03:49:57 AM Z

Nope, you wait 20 mins before printing the first sheet of course... And
you don't have to use the same gum-pigment-dichromate mixture for the
whole set of prints; you can mix a new one halfway (lets say after the
3rd paper, so you won't be using a mixture that was aged more than 9
mins for this particular example) and print the following sheets
accordingly (I mean by adding the emulsion mixing time to the standard 3
mins. waiting time before making the first print of the second batch). I
have used temperaprint emulsion (whole egg + acrylic pigment(!) +
dichromate) and it didn't get more tacky than it was at the time of
mixing even after 10 minutes - I figure egg should be more prone to get
tackier with time (when compared to gum arabic), you can coat it over
ultra-smooth synthetic paper and it stays there.

Thanks for describing your workflow BTW.

Best regards,
Loris.