RE: To Don (and others, was: )RE: Gum questions - 101

From: Loris Medici ^lt;loris_medici@mynet.com>
Date: 11/15/05-06:52:22 AM Z

>From wikipedia:

"...Although the permanency of acrylics is sometimes debated by
conservators, they appear more stable than oil paints. Whereas oil
paints normally turn yellow as they age/dry, acrylic paints, at least in
the 50 years since invention, do not yellow, crack, or change..."

I understand you: 50 years is not enough for having a reassuring feel of
permanence. After a quick search I learned that Getty will organize a
symposium about Modern Paints in May 2006. I bet research on acrylics
will exhibit they're good performers in the permanence department. Lets
see...

Regards,
Loris.